Did not provide enough info when opening a dispute.

Hailey05
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,...

I opened a dispute regarding some Leggings I ordered from a boutique.  The intent was I purchased them wholesale to sell in my online boutique.  I just received them and they are such poor quality.  Attemped to resolve with the boutique, was unable to do so.  I filed a dispute, however, I didn't provide much documentation evidence, (this is the first time I had to do this).  The boutique filed a claim and was obviously much more educated in this, and I lost.  I understand that I cannot reopen, however, is there any way I can appeal this, or am I out some $500?

Thank you for  your help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SPROKET
New Community Member

I feel for you.  For that amount of money you have lost, you may be able to find legal counsel to draft a letter. They cost aprox.$100.00. The letter does not have to be long. To the point with all the important words and file#'s clearlly stated, you may get your money back. Sometimes just the letter from a lawyer is enough to make them take action. I have done this twice (not here YET), and both times it worked. I myself am in a dispute process. I hope that helped in some way. Still sorry to hear what you must be going through. best wishes and good thoughts for you.... Sproket

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hailey05

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq20...

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.