Did my buyer just get his money back and a free 300$ camera?

user5555
So to keep it short, i got messaged by a guy from offer to buy a camera. i give him my number and he texts me and he buys the camera from there. after i ship the camera and it arrives to him, he decides to open a case with his financial institution to get his money back due to it being a “unauthorized transaction”, it has been a month since he opened the case and i got this email today. He also deactivated his number and never texted me ever again. Dear user5555 We received notice from the buyer's financial institution that Case I[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] has been decided in the buyer's favor. However, because you’re a valued customer, we’re not debiting your PayPal account for the disputed amount. so your telling me he got his money back and a free 300$ camera and i get to keep the money just because i’m a long and frequent paypal user?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@user5555

The seller protection program kicked in to protect you. How do you know the person you dealt with is not a scammer using another person's PayPal account/financial information without permission? Perhaps he is not who he claims to be. This is the faceless internet.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

user5555
I doubt it. Everyone checked in, his offer up name, paypal name and address. i doubt he’s someone else’s info. so is hw now able to keep the 300$ camera and his 267$?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.