Did I get scammed?

PurpuraWolf
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a tiger skull mask from https://ww.chaseer.com/ and received an email confirmation that the order was received and I would get another email when it shipped out. I paid for Express shipping too. This was on Sept 30, now its Oct 10th, I haven't heard back from them and the shop is now unavailable. I dont know if maybe I got scammed and if I can do anything about it because I paid through PayPal's guest checkout.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PurpuraWolf 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PurpuraWolf 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rabbit902
Contributor
Contributor
I believe I fell into the same trap. It looks like the payment went to London Meichi Co. Ltd. however the company seems to be dissolved.
Login to Me Too

hoosierhogrider
Contributor
Contributor

Got hooked by the same people . Ordered a mask , heard nothing since . When I click on their e-mail about my money it sends  me to a site called Small Sunflower , on there I found the product I ordered . Believe I was scammed by the same Chinese trash that got you . Hope not , but I have pretty much resolved myself to the fact I got **bleep** . If it had been $400 other then $40 I would be on my way to China , I have an serious problem with people who **bleep** me .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoosierhogrider 

Chinese / Asian Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

Facebook does not vet sellers.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rabbit902
Contributor
Contributor
This Company was dissolved over a year ago after being up for less than one solid year. Dispute with PayPal. Also if you were attempting to purchase one of the five bone half masks they are available from amazon also a Chinese for but some offer expedited shipping. These masks are much cheaper and the same thing.
Login to Me Too

Garstelin
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, same company, same mask. Why does PayPal process payments to a defunct company? A little help here PayPal please. 

Login to Me Too

wadeyc
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered a mask through facebook from the same company.  I did not hear anything aside from an initial email that confirmed my order.  Recently however I have recieved two additional emails along with a tracking number that appears to show my item "on the way"

It has been over three weeks since my initial order, but these updates provide hope.

Login to Me Too

Garstelin
Contributor
Contributor

The mask I ordered DID finally arrive 35 days after placing my order. I have cancelled my dispute in this case.

Login to Me Too

PurpuraWolf
Contributor
Contributor
Update, I have finally received item although I received no email to inform me that my item was on the way.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.