Diagree with PP dispute decision

dinhell
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a gift for my husband back on June 6, 2020. Of course I later found out it was from China, so I knew right away I would never see it. I waited until Aug 7, 2020 for it to arrive, but it never did. I filed a dispute, the seller said it was shipped. The seller never sent me any shipping info. After a few weeks the seller sent PP the tracking number. When PP posted it to the dispute center I copied the tracking number and went to UPS tracking, The item was delivered to a completely different person, address and city, on the other side of the state, over 350 miles! 

I have been calling and sitting on hold for hours!! I finally got through to someone and I was told I have to call UPS and get an "Intranet form" from UPS with the tracking info and UPS logo. I have been fighting with UPS for an hour so far, they will not give me anything because all the info on the package is  different name and address associated with the tracking number than what I gave them!!! My head is spinning right now!! I just want my money back and PP and the seller!!  How can PP close my dispute and not refund my money when all of this info was not correct from the seller!!!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SRR111
Contributor
Contributor
Firstly, sorry this is not a helpful reply, it’s a me too. I have been told By PP to get some declaration on letterhead signed with address etc from UPS in Thailand where I am presently stranded due to Covid. If not then case is decided in favour of Seller. UPS won’t help me, they say the contract for delivery was between the supplier and UPS, not me. They tell me to contact the supplier, same supplier who has never sent any shipping documents to me. To frustrate me even more, I opened a case to get my money back and the supplier escalated it to a claim (how can this be possible) so I can’t add evidence. Then PP tell me to get a statement from UPS, surely the supplier who shipped the goods and contracted with UPS is responsible for dealing with UPS, not me. It seems very wrong the way PP are approaching cases such as yours and mine. Like you, I don’t know how to resolve this with PP when I can’t speak to anyone. It seems I will lose about $500 and nothing I can do. I will stop using PP if this is how they operate.
Login to Me Too

dinhell
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so sorry you're stranded!! Hopefully you get home soon..

I called PP back, on hold for 30 mins, But the man I spoke to this time actually understood my predicament. He has reopened my case and said he will review everything the seller sent to PP and he said he should rule within my favor by Oct 6, 2020.. We shall see!!! This has been a thorn in my side for months! I have always trusted PP, I have been a member since 1999!! I will never use PP again for any purchase. Especially since my AmEx resolves issues immediately! No waiting for months and sitting on hold for hours on end! 

I wish you the best in getting your money back. Keep calling them and explain to them what I did, UPS WILL NOT supply any info about the package because your name and address are not the same as the tracking info!.

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.