Despicable Treatment To Sellers (long)

HeavensWaffles
Contributor
Contributor

I don't even know where to begin, it's really this bad.

I started an online business and have been selling for 7 months. PayPal is 75% of my revenue and this is the first business that actually has been a success. I have made connections with some great PayPal staff and Customer Support agents as I deal with them quite often. However I did not expect to be treated so poorly these past few weeks.

Someone with ill intent has made Twenty Four (24) purchases to my services. Twenty two (22) of their payments have been charged-back with their bank. I decided the right thing to do was to report this user as to get PayPals attention, I thought I was doing the right thing by helping other potential victims. I submitted all the transactions, and proof of delivery, I didn't even expect or demand any compensation with Sellers Protection as I believe I am not entitled to it, I was going to take the hit. I was also reassured by the agent I was speaking with that no amount of disputes will put my account at risk.

A few weeks go by, I did not hear anything from PayPal. I decided to remind them of the case I filed against this user, they have informed me that they have escalated it. A few days go by, I wake up in the morning and make myself coffee, I open my mail and my heart just drops. PayPal has limited my account permanently. I called customer support, they confirmed that it is due to the unusual chargebacks which PayPal deemed my account a risk. I was referred to AUP@paypal and emailed them my business model. I even offered them to remove my sellers protection, I offered to cover all disputes whether it be legitimate or fraudulent. AUP gave me a cookie cutter template response directing me to the resource center. I messaged there too, only received template responses, no option to connect with a human other than the wonderful call center agents was possible.

PayPal claims that they may limit risky accounts because they deem them "poor sellers", you tell me how the fraudulent activity of others makes me the bad guy.

Today, my business is shut down, I cannot keep up with payments, I am depressed, I have been mistreated. All it took for someone to play with my life was make Twenty Two (22) chargebacks. PayPal doesn't care, I don't want their sympathy, I don't want their auto-responses, even lifting the limitation won't help me now. I want to see a policy change that will prevent innocent sellers from being abused so easily. But who am I to ask, PayPal has been doing this for over a decade, why would they change?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.