Depop seller hasn’t confirmed they received my returned item and is unresponsive?

TBoo
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all — if you see a similar post to this floating around, it’s because I tried posting this before but it doesn’t seem to be accepting it. to cut a long story short, I received a pair of shoes in June/July this year, tried them on in August and they literally fell apart as soon as I tried to actually walk in them – and when I say fell apart, I mean the entire sole lifted from the platform on my £118 shoe as soon as I took a full step in them and I almost twisted my ankle. Rest assured, I wasn’t happy, so I messaged the seller, tried to ask for a refund on Depop and they ignored me. So I opened up a Paypal case and they decided to escalate it because I apparently hadn’t messaged them on Depop — except I had, they’d just ignored me for two days and then gotten upset that I opened a case. Fast forward a bit — PayPal decides that if I return the shoes, I can get a full refund. I got around finally to returning the shoes this Thursday, sent them off via Hermes tracked and signed delivery and I can see the seller got them at 1pm today (Saturday). I made it clear in the delivery notes and over the course of the messages between me and the seller that I had tried to glue them back together twice and it hadn’t worked, so the shoes are basically half glued back together (much like I realised they were when I first actually tried them on properly). The issue is that they haven’t informed Paypal they’ve gotten the shoes. The reason I’m worried is because over the course of this entire case, they’ve been routinely ignoring my messages and I have to message them three or four times in a row to get any kind of response. so I’d like to know what could possibly happen if they decide to try to somehow dispute the decision PayPal has made, or if they just ignore me/Paypal entirely? I obviously have proof of postage and delivery, but I’m just a bit anxious overall since they’ve been very aggressive and accusatory when they have actually answered me, and it’s a big refund to be waiting on - I truly just want this all over and done with 😞
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.