Depop Buyer Help

1996bunny
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a pair of shoes on Depop that were simply listed as "size 5", and the size label pictured did not specify the sizing type (men, women, youth etc.). When I asked the seller if they were a women's size 5 she confirmed they were. However upon receiving them they are far too big to the point where I believe they may be a men's 5 (women's 7). I already requested a refund/return but the seller simply refused and changed their bio to state "no refunds". I am at a loss as to what to do to help my case. Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1996bunny 

Locate the payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute. Basically copy and paste what you wrote into the case and escalate. If by some fluke PayPal denies the claim and you paid with credit card, file a dispute with your card issuer.

TIP: If a listing is missing some pretty pertinent info like size type, I'd just as soon keep it moving and look at another listing. I wouldn't ask a question because it'll be their word against your word when it comes down to a dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1996bunny 

Locate the payment transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem" to file an Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) dispute. Basically copy and paste what you wrote into the case and escalate. If by some fluke PayPal denies the claim and you paid with credit card, file a dispute with your card issuer.

TIP: If a listing is missing some pretty pertinent info like size type, I'd just as soon keep it moving and look at another listing. I wouldn't ask a question because it'll be their word against your word when it comes down to a dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

1996bunny
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to file a SNASD claim but the option does not appear when I go to report a problem; my only options are "Unauthorized activity" and "Billing issue". I think this is because the seller has not accepted the payment on their end, retaining it in "pending" status. I've contacted PP regarding the issue and once that's resolved I will proceed with your advice... lesson learned. 💔

Thank you so much for taking the time to help! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.