Denied dispute

Srhatmaker31
New Community Member
I ordered an item in June and never received the item. I received notification that it was delivered in my mailbox- the item I ordered was large and wouldn't have fit. When I tracked it, it turns out that the item delivered during that time was a small envelope that had 5 disposable surgical masks from China inside. My Dr recommended I throw them away as this was in June 2020 during Covid. If you recall this was about the same time as the mysterious packets of seeds was sent to ppl from China, which the CDC and authorities told ppl to dispose of. The company I ordered from was not on the envelope so I did not assume it was from them- I still don't know as the company never responded to say they sent the masks. I filed a dispute on the app and would receive replies weeks later. Every time I was asked to explain, even after I already had multiple times. After refusing a partial refund for an item I did not receive, I waited several more weeks for PP to look into the matter. Only to receive an email saying my request was denied. I have been very patient the last 4 months. I called today and spoke to Jen. She explained that not returning the item was the reason I did not get the refund. As I explained I cannot return something I never received and the masks were disposed of. I work in the medical field, why in the world would I order 5 surgical masks from China DURING Covid and PAY over $58? And again, I don't even know if that package of masks even came from the same company. Jen was very helpful and after hearing the whole story she closed the case in my favor and is issuing the refund in full. I use PP often, as many friends and family does. I am very satisfied with their resolution in this matter and would like to give some advice to anyone in this predicament. If you have an issue that does not clear up in a timely manner, please call PP to speak with a representative. You will be able to discuss so much more than an automated system allows you to. Thank you PayPal!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

yippa
Contributor
Contributor

but how do you CALL paypal??  they no longer allow you to call them....you have to play back and forth games on their 'chat' system...and where responses from reps can take HOURS!!!  Paypal is scum

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.