Denied claim on obvious issue

Mdot48TX3
Contributor
Contributor

my google account was compromised a couple of months ago. They (google suite team) was still investigating how it happened as our account was secured as much as possible, and there were inconsistencies on our account (nothing was being logged - which should not be happening)

i needed to make a small purchase is the google play store (movies for the kids) but did not feel comfortable loading in a new credit card as my issues with google had still not been resolved. so instead, google suggested that i should get a play store gift card, which sounded like a good idea to me as i really didnt want to create a new account and have to repurchase all apps/previous movies/etc as well as setup all the devices with it. 

so i purchased a $50 gift card through paypal gifts. when i went to load it onto my account, it was denied saying it was an invalid card. I contacted google play support who opened an investigation. they had me upload a copy of the receipt, a utility bill, and the paypal transaction info. 2 days later i got an email from google who concluded their investigation. and sent me the following: "Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your account.  We have noticed some inconsistencies with your account and the information you provided us; because of this we are unable to help you redeem these gift cards."

so i am left unable to redeem the gift cards i purchased. i called paypal who said to open a claim as not as decribed, which i did, and documented all interactions i had with google. 

today - weeks later - paypal is ALSO denying my claim. "This decision was made because if an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described."

so i assume that its arguing that it is filed incorrectly? but i really dont see a more appropriate option, and did exactly as paypal instructed me to. what else can i do here? did i just give google $50?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.