Denied Dispute by Pay Pal

naval02
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

After I opened a case with PayPal the seller provided a fake tracking number that was supposed for my item
I waited for the package that finally arrived on December 23rd but NOT to my address, so I went to the USPS Naples FL office and
provided them the tracking number falsely given by the seller to Pay Pal and Pay pal forwarded to me.

The supervisor at the USPS told me that the package attached to that tracking number was NOT in my name or my address
so in order to get my money back I asked for proof of delivery that will show that I never receive that package.

The two documents the post office gave me showing a different name and address for final delivery destination were attached in an email from

me to pay pal very clearly proving that I NEVER was the recipient of the package attached to the tracking number provided to them by the seller.

Now almost a month since the purchase day, after filling my claim with a bullet proof case that I never got the item, got an email from Pay Pal denying my claim saying guess what ?  THE SELLER PROVIDED US A TRACKING NUMBER showing the item was delivered.

Really ? What is missing here ?  I know what it is the reason of the all case FALSE tracking number NOT in my name NOT to my address so at the end very simple and clear I NEVER GOT THE ITEM .

I guess Pay Pal protect the scam not the victims almost $ 150 down the drain now I guess still will talk to my bank and ask for legal advise because this is just a plain scam by the seller and an abuse by Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@naval02 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Paypal only give you 'some' buyer protection so the onus is on all of us to risk assess our own transactions, even credit cards don't cover you for everything. 
HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card and they may help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

naval02
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your advise, I did pay using my Visa card using Pay Pal at check out. What really don’t understand is how PayPal can tell me they denied my claim when they have in front of them a bullet proof prove provided by USPS that the tracking number attached to that package was not in my name and not to my address and of course the delivery never came to me, went to a different person and address . It is just ridiculous that they knowing I never got it denied the claim just because the seller “provided” a tracking number to Pay Pal supposing to be on my name and address but it wasn't that was completely debunk by USPS .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.