Denied Claim for items we never received Seller provided spoof tracking number Seller never responds

rmb1234
Contributor
Contributor

How do I dispute a denied claim?  Paypal denied a claim for items we never received because the seller provided a spoof tracking number.  The tracking number wasn't even delivered to our address and was from a different seller.  I cannot reach a human a paypal because of Covid-19.  I provided documentation and Paypal still denied the claim because of the spoof tracking number.  Please help!  It is beyond frustrating that Paypal has zero customer service to speak with.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmb1234 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rmb1234
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!  I will get a written letter from UPS that the item was never delivered to us.  As far as speaking to a human at paypal... that seems impossible right now.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmb1234 

Which is why I said......

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid)

and gave you other options.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rmb1234
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, due to covid-19, when you call their number and ask to speak to a representative, they say their customer service department is closed and hang up.  How can an online bank completely close their customer service department?!  When you message them on the website, it's all automation.  So since I cannot speak to a human, I'm left dealing with a fraudulent transaction that cannot get resolved.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmb1234 

ok guess you don't want to use the other options then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rmb1234
Contributor
Contributor

What other options?  I thanked you for you advice and said I was going to get a written letter from UPS. 😃  As far as calling Paypal and speaking to a human... I've tried multiple times.  Not possible right now.  I'd gladly appreciate any advice on how to speak to an actual person with this company.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmb1234 

Read my first reply to you, phoning and messaging were not the only options i gave you to reach out to customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.