Delivery fraud--Paypal refuses to pay.

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

1. I ordered an item for US $70. Never delivered, but FedEx says delivered. This is a known scam with Paypal cooperation.

2. I live in a complex with 24/7 video surveillance. When the video was reviewed (around the time the delivery supposedly was made), there was no FedEx vehicle OR delivery person on the property OR in the building.

3. I called FedEx about that problem, and they essentially said that is a known problem. There is no known fix to FedEx's security leak.

4. In that call with FedEx, I specifically told the FedEx employee to release the information *because* the package was *supposedly* sent to me--at my address.

5. The Fedex employee asked for my name and address, which I gave him. He then stated he could not provide any information about that package because that information can ONLY BE RELEASED TO THE PERSON TO WHOM IT WAS SENT (privacy/security).

Now you know how to catch Paypal in their claim the package was delivered *to you*.

I am looking into finding as many other people who have also been scammed and lost money or access to Paypal due to Paypal's failure to have proper policies and procedures in place to protect buyers. 

Send e-mail to <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryab2 

If FedEx can’t provide that info to you, I doubt PayPal can get it or verify it due to security/privacy. PayPal computers can only check delivery status, city, state/province, zip, country. Check the tracking info if the “city, state/province, zip, country” is the same as your address.

You have to askFedEx to write a letter saying something to the effect that for said tracking number is/was not delivered to your said address, nor is your said address on the shipment label or shipment record.

When FedEx said, “that information can ONLY BE RELEASED TO THE PERSON TO WHOM IT WAS SENT”, then you know it wasn’t sent to you.

Your other path of recourse is filing a chargeback through your card issuer and tell them everything and what other proof they need from you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryab2 

If FedEx can’t provide that info to you, I doubt PayPal can get it or verify it due to security/privacy. PayPal computers can only check delivery status, city, state/province, zip, country. Check the tracking info if the “city, state/province, zip, country” is the same as your address.

You have to askFedEx to write a letter saying something to the effect that for said tracking number is/was not delivered to your said address, nor is your said address on the shipment label or shipment record.

When FedEx said, “that information can ONLY BE RELEASED TO THE PERSON TO WHOM IT WAS SENT”, then you know it wasn’t sent to you.

Your other path of recourse is filing a chargeback through your card issuer and tell them everything and what other proof they need from you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

You are close, but not quite.

FedEx *will* release the info--to the actual person to whom the package was sent. THAT is the key point.

Therefore, subpoena FedEx AND Paypal to bring their info to court. I think you see what happens next....

Then, in the courtroom, require Paypal to testify regarding the truth of their info. The problem is: They have none. Why? Easy.

The source for Paypal's info is not a shipper. What Paypal has for shipment info is ALL "hearsay" evidence. There is nothing else, so they lose there.

But then the fun begins.

Put the FedEx person on the stand. As I am the alleged recipient to whom the package was sent, I have the authority (per Paypal--LOL !!) to order FedEx to release the info to the court. And that is what I do.

THEN the FedEx person says that info can NOT be released because it can only be done with permission of the listed recipient.

Paypal loses.

Still trying to get the e-mail address working. Looks like I am forgetting something, but can't remember what. It has been a few years....

Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, FedEx does provide written proof. Paypal seems to not like that fact. I forgot I had FedEx Delivery Manager.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-manager.html

The packages Paypay claims were delivered to me are not shown on my FedEx Delivery Manager. I had a package from somewhere else, paid by Paypal, that does show as "delivered". I did received that package. So we know their system works.

The fact the tracking numbers for the fraudulent packages are not shown on that same page is proof, beyond a shadow of a doubt, those are fake shipments. However, there is no way to show that information to Paypal, as they marked the cases "closed" and will not reconsider them.

Therefore, everyone should use the FedEx Pacakage Manager and be able to document--from FedEx--there was no package sent to their address.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryab2 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but the info available is what I already have. Nothing new added using your link.

I will have to get a letter directly from FedEx in order to proceed.

Regards, Je

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryab2 

Nothing new added using your link.

I will have to get a letter directly from FedEx in order to proceed.

Isn't that exactly what I advised you in my above post?  >>>

PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

The advice I gave has helped loads on here appeal and get refunds, so .... you're welcome.

As for 'what will Paypal say about that'...... with proof they will happily refund you as it won't come out of their account but will allow them to legally charge the seller to get you your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

I sent the info I had discovered to Paypal last night (7/26).

Today (7/27), in my morning e-mails, I have notice from Paypal they decided in my favor. ALL RIGHT !!

Per FedEx, the shipment was made on June 3. But I did not order until June 6/7--and that was the clincher.

Thanks for your help in getting past the "closed case" problem.

Regards, Jerry

Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Just did a detail shipping track on the FedEx tracking number.

Per FedEx, the shipment was sent from CA on June 3.

However, I did not order until June 6/7.

Be interesting to hear what Paypal has to say about THAT.

Login to Me Too

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

I try to not purchase outside of US.. Seller fronted but found out they were in China. Nearly 3wks goes by & no item.. No updates most days from shipper. Suddenly one day it shows delivered. Myself and husband go to mailbox, search enclosed patio, search surrounding bushes, not at front door, yet PayPal denies my refund, closes case & says it was delivered per shipper. Seller cannot tell me where pkg was delivered. I see no option to appeal. Disgusting!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.