Delivery dispute

Soncar
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I never received the below delivery. I put in a dispute but have been told that sufficient tracking information was provided by the seller. Am I able to find out where it was delivered to or is there any other action I can take? We reviewed the claim(s) you filed on 29 March 2020. Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s). To learn more about how your purchases are protected, how we investigate claims and PayPal Buyer Protection, simply click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page. Case details • Case ID: PP-D-59934431 • Transaction amount: $69.80 USD • Dispute amount: $69.80 USD • Your transaction ID: 7FC49432CJ0175800 • Transaction date: 6 January 2020 Sincerely, PayPal
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Soncar

I Hope you're doing well! Thanks for reaching out community forum. 

We apologize if you are not satisfied with the Case Decision. Once a "Item Not Received" dispute is filed, we will typically hold the funds and make the seller accountable of it. We review the transaction and determine if the seller failed to ship the item to you. We found out that seller completed the transaction and provided a tracking. We investigate as well if tracking is valid by confirming it to the shipping company. Once they said it was shipped in your address then we will close the case in Seller's favor. PayPal Purchase Protection is applicable in the event that one of the party involved failed to complete the transaction as intended, since we don't see the seller at fault we denied the case. Since our decision also depended on the information confirmed by the shipping company, the only way for us to appeal or reopen the case is you provide us a document coming from the shipping company stating that  it was not shipped in your address. You may reach out with the shipping company and provide then the tracking number. Hope this helps! Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Soncar 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Soncar
Contributor
Contributor
That is all great except I have not been able to establish who the shipping company is to contact them for the information. The seller is not responding to my email requests. Also the email address (which is the one used to pay through PayPal) has had reports of being an email used for scams.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.