Delayed Delivery, Case Closed, Received Different Item, Cannot Reopen Case

chuckee2002
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I lost hope from paypal's help centre. I tried to reopen my case but the paypal website doesn't allow me. I cannot interact with any human on their website.

This was what happened:

• After ordering online, the seller's website (https://www.dressstars.com) didn't offer any confirmation email of my order. When I went back to the website, no way to view your order. I panicked and emailed them, no response.
  • I opened a case within paypal. They responded after 3 attempts, I followed up several times, then got my delivery after several weeks. Then I closed my case
  • I opened the pack after a day then I found out a totally, unusable item so I went back to paypal to reopen the case, doesn't allow me to.
  • I tried all avenues to file the dispute within the paypal resolution centre but to no avail. I feel helpless now. I contacted the seller several times through email, no response. Their phone number was in China. This was $100 transaction where I get nothing. I read reviews online about this seller and they fly with different websites so be careful. There were tons of complaints. Here in paypal, they use the email address (service at dorew.com). They use different email addresses online and I reckon this is the common address they use for their paypal account as seller. So watch out!

Hope someone can give some light on how to get my money back. If this proves futile, I hope this will help someone to be vigilant and check the email of the seller (within paypal) as the seller uses different email addresses on their bogus websites.

I never thought that I will still end up in this situation thinking I was protected by Paypal for buying things online. I am totally wrong.

Regards,

C

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bradybunch101
Contributor
Contributor

My case was that I did not receive an item. PayPal said they have it as delivered and I checked myself. It said package was dropped off on porch or doorstep. My address was a P.O. Box so I did not see how this could of happened. They had closed my case and I found that I had no way to dispute their findings by telling them this. Case closed means no more comments or questions I guess. So I considered my purchase a lost. fortunately I recently ended up receiving the package at my post office. It took months to receive, I guess due to the Covid virus effecting mailings because much of my mail was delayed but never as long as this one was.  That is what happened to me anyway. You are not alone with this type of issue.  This was the only place I could see to make any type of dispute or comment. Thanks for the reply, it shows me I am not alone in this type of issue. hope this reply helps a little. So I do not know of a way other then to vent here after PayPal closes a case. They should have a follow up area but I guess that would open a whole other can of worms for them.

Login to Me Too

steve244
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got a case shut by paypal regarding a purchase where seller was found out to be scamming many other people. I never received an item i purchased but was told I have to return item to sender before getting a refund. Funny that I cant return an item that I didnt receive and even if I was able to send it the address provided I cant read address that was provided (chinese). Basically paypal has **bleep** me over with lack of buyer protection and closed my dispute case and now I cant open or challenge it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.