Defrauded by newtontrade, got a fraud package and claim denied - anyone else?

chefswild1
Contributor
Contributor

I foolishly responded to a Facebook ad for a remaindered Baratza grinder for $14.99 and shipping. On contacting Baratza after paying, I found that this seller did not have authorized remaindered product.  I opened a dispute but they claimed they had shipped already. I did receive a weird little package from Chinese post that was a cheap, badly made 'bicycle pedometer', but did not think much of it. PayPal just denied my claim PP-D-71062499 because supposedly the fraudsters have proof that they shipped my package. The cheap piece of crap weighed maybe 3-4 ounces; a Baratza grinder weighs about 7-8 lbs. Is it possible that this is what happened?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chefswild1 

Yep happens a lot if you sadly buy from these.......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.