Defrauded and on top of it PayPal ruled against my claim. What now?

madmara1966
Contributor
Contributor

I saw an advert on Instagram for a Jet Body Board. The total amount for two boards came to $185.34. I thought it was a good deal so I paid for it expecting to receive it in 20 days as advertised. When I never got a single email from the company I started emailing them to find out if the order had been sent yet. After various emails later and no answer I then went onto their website and found that the product I purchased was not there and that the company was based in China and not in the USA as they made it out to be from their advert. When doing more research I found this product on another site for $3895, which immediately raised a red flag.

I then started a claim on the resolution centre and later escalated it. At this time they send me a tracking number which was not trackable. Two days before the time was up I received a package in the post. They had sent me two kiddie floats which were not worth $10 each. So I changed the claim from not having received the order to the order being totally different from what was advertised. The real word was FRAUD but that's another story. So then I received a message from the seller to send it back and they would then refund me with this long address in Mandarin.

Now the problem is that in this part of the PayPal resolution you can only fill in the tracking number and there is no additional message or any other form of communication possible. But because I could not send the package back, because I could not write the address in Mandarin I requested them to provide me with the address in English in the space where it asked for the tracking number and also asking them who will you pay for the shipping?

Today I received the email from PayPal saying the ruling has gone against me. You can imagine how it feels like. Does anyone out there know how I can turn this around? Have a look at the photos of what was advertised and what I actually received.

Annotation 2020-08-07 160051.jpg20200904_162009.jpg

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
The bait and switch scam.. Many are doing that . There is an “appeal process” that you can go through, or report to FBI cyber times unit, or FTC, against the vendor, and PayPal is complicit in these crimes/fraud. That’s a lot of money to have lost. Sorry
Login to Me Too

madmara1966
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the fast answer. The appeal process seems to have been removed. There is no Appeal link to be found under the closed case. Unfortunately, I am not living in the USA and even if I did I do not see how the FBI cyber unit could do anything against these guys which are based in China. If PayPal was really offering the protection they would not rule on technicalities. They are promoting FRAUD and every time they make money out of it they just go ahead with the same scheme. Is there no other way to get PayPal to listen?

Login to Me Too

cluelessinUS
Contributor
Contributor
The appeal is not linked to the case. ( I have not used it yet) but , you are supposed to be able to communicate for appeal on PP’s Facebook page, or possibly Instagram... or find it under help topics on this PayPal site. PayPal is a US based company, which the FTC, governs, as well as the FBI. If payment of your money, was made by PP to this bogus Company / Scammer, (IMO) would make PayPal complicit. Try on FB , PayPal site, for the appeal. ( messenger them, with the case / claim #. And ask for assist with an appeal
Login to Me Too

stevenarchie
New Community Member

I ordered a total of three units and got the exact kids floats as your picture. waiting for paypal resolution. I'll let you know how mine turns out

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.