Defect on a product that has 1 year warranty PayPal Purchasing protection

Ddd70
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, For all ecommerce products in Europe there is 1 year warranty. I bought on eBay and paid through PayPal a spot welder for my hobby purposes which was shipped from Germany to Italy (no import duties to be paid). Seller , apparently a professional seller, is still selling that product/model on eBay and he/she highlights that it has 1 year warranty. After 3 months since my purchase and after few spot welding activity (less than 10 spots) the spot welder stopped working (apparently for an internal shortcurcuit. I am pretty sure about it since I am professional engineer). I wrote to seller but when I asked for warranty claim in order to be replaced or repaired she/he stopped answering. QUESTION: Can I exercise PayPal Protection Policy action in that case (I am within 180 days) ? How to
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ddd70

You can open a dispute for item received but not as described BUT whether you would win or not is another matter.

Put in as much info as you can before you escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bettyboopeyes
New Community Member
I purchased a phone at a pawnshop it was priced at 100.00. When the salesclerk put the phone to charge. It was not charging. In which she said that they didnt have the charger & i asked can i get a discount with no charger? She said she was going to ask her boss. Came back & with a lower price . No she tells me she suggest i purchase the warranty protection. Just in case it stops working, falls, breaks or gets stolen.So i said ok. The total for the phone walking out the door was 94.59. 3 days after The purchase phone didnt turn on at all. I went to the pawn shop with the receipt and talked to assistant manager in which i explained what happened he refused to exchange the phone or give me the refund. I asked where & when would his supervisor be in? No reply. I left the store very angree for being played for a fool
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.