Declining my case

ThemeShooter
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item off eBay via credit card which went through PayPal web. So I'm assuming that's a guest transaction. That's ok. However, once I sent the payment over to the merchant, the merchant came to tell me that he had already sold this item to someone else and he would proceed with the refund. That's ok, because the refund process was just to credit back. Not long after many reminders days after days, I received a package from my courier that stated that the merchant had sent the item over. However the item wasn't even the one the merchant listed. And thats when it became not ok. I told him it was his error sending- 1: The item because he told me he couldn't send it to me because it was sold and we agree to a refund. 2: The item he sent wasn't even the one he listed on eBay. I contacted PayPal and here's how it went. PayPal request for a tracking number and the returning package and all. Look, I didn't even bother to open the content inside because I can see through the plastic other than opening the packaging from the postage. I sent it back nicely wrapped and neat and submitted PayPal the tracking number and all. Item reached back to merchant's address. Next day PayPal came to tell me case has been denied, reason was because I didn't give details after their certain amount of days. Now due to the Covid19 virus transmitted globally resulting in shortage of manpower of PayPal, I am unable reach the customer service hotline here in Singapore. However this case and my writing to PayPal has been long before it was declared a pandemic. I have requested the seller once more to return me my payment plus the postage back politely, but to receive nothing from him, again. Am I really going to lose my 120+USD here due to the seller's fault?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ElijahK
Contributor
Contributor

My case was not exactly like the one described but it does fall under the category in as which PayPal declined my claim.  I purchase some stackable shoe boxes which were advertised as sturdy.  The advertisement even showed a guy standing on a shoe box to prove it's sturdiness.  So I purchased 120 of these boxes at $2.99 each which I thought was a decent price.  When I received them, I noticed the boxed in which they came seemed smaller than I had imagined but I thought okay, they must be collapsable.  When I opened the box, I saw how flimsy the boxes were, and yes they were collapsed, basically folded flat, but they were not much thicker than a sheet of paper in thickness.  No way they could be stacked!!  So I tried to contact the seller but no email return. I tried to go to website but it no longer existed.  So I filed my claim, sent photos of what I got versus the advertised product and Paypal contacted the seller and they denied my claim!!  I did this all within 3 day of receiving the item.  What also was advertised was a "30-day no-risk return policy."  and "100% Satisfaction Guaranteed" statement.  This alone should allow me to get my money back!  Very frustrated here with PayPal.  I use PayPal for protection from bad sellers and this is the treatment I get.  smh.

Login to Me Too

ThemeShooter
Contributor
Contributor
Man, that sucks. I really hope these untruthful seller's realises their mistakes and return us our money accordingly. Up till now, has your case been resolved yet? Because my case is been taking many weeks and a few months now since the start of opening the case. PayPal just denied my case and no further help was sent to me, no contacts, nothing.
Login to Me Too

ElijahK
Contributor
Contributor

It's ridiculous that PayPal is so obtuse that they deny claims with given hard evidence that the seller was in the wrong!  They say try to contact the seller and work it out but how can you if the sellers website is shut down and they don't respond to emails?  That's a sign right there that something is not right!  I buy items through PayPal for the supposedly "buyer protection" that I thought would work.  However, not in this case.  I'm really frustrated with PayPal resolution center.  I'm not sure who they hire to review claims and make decisions.  smh.  I hope your's get's resolved better than mine.  I will try to open a new case and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

ElijahK
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal won't let me open a new case.  When I try to open one, it automatically closes it.  smh

Login to Me Too

ThemeShooter
Contributor
Contributor
I do really hope in times like this, while we understand that PayPal personnels are short-handed and all work from home, PayPal should understand consumers worries and attend to them before people loses hope in PayPal whenever any problem in their transaction arises.
Login to Me Too

ElijahK
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  PayPal sided with the seller when I showed overwhelming evidence that I did NOT get the product that was advertised and I paid for!  I'm really frustrated with the PayPal representatives that denied me a refund for an obvious scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.