Declined dispute

lennyrefiloe
Contributor
Contributor
I live in UK.. There is an app called Shpock, that's where I saw an iPhone 11 being sold cheap, I didn't wanna miss the deal, so I did talk to the guy who was sellig the phone we both agreed that he will sell me the phone which we both agreed that I will pay £250 for the phone, my gut told me this could be a scam but the guy was too convincing as he was saying he doesn't want to be scammed so I thought it was legit, we agreed that I pay on PayPal good and services. As soon as I paid the guy I went back to the Shpock app and told him I paid.. A few minutes later I couldn't access our conversation seemed like he deleted his account after he received the money.. Because I used his email to send the money I then contacted him through email, the guy started telling me I ordered shoes which I didn't, that's when I started to suspect it was a scam, I tried solving the case with him and told him to pay back my money since he hasn't posted the parcel.. He refused to pay back then I opened a dispute on PayPal.. Somehow it came back showing that he provided evidence that the parkage was delivered which I didn't receive anything, and PayPal declined my dispute and favoured the seller. Am a young lady who is not working losing all that money is a great loss for me. Please help if possible. Thank you 🙏
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ChubbaGeek
New Community Member

I'm having similar problem myself...started noticing that $100 CDN value gift cards for places like Google or Sephora were being bought via my PayPal account and I wasn't the one making the purchases. I've filed TWO separate dispute claims about the two charges I've noticed so far, but both times PayPal denied my claims by saying they couldn't find anything suspicious about the transactions!

I admit I use PayPal a fair bit and there are are some valid large payments happening...but they're all to businesses and charities! I've never once sent money to a person or bought gift cards worth that much! My main worry is that since the second charge happened AFTER I changed my PayPal password, that our family computer has unknown spyware that's captured my login and they were able to log in freely to use my account without my knowledge. I've changed my login again...but I just hope I can get the money back via my bank and credit card company 😞

Login to Me Too

Gigiro66
Contributor
Contributor
Arbitrary charge pops up on notifications andI immediately search finding their number and call em out. I never ordered wit them or an iphone or anyone that day. M friend was listening to the guy try to persuade me then offer 50% refund! No way! Ended up with a conf. # for cancellation andtold hrg woud drop off. It went thru today 109.97! I cant get paypal on a phone to save my life cuz they just denied another 96.74 bogus charge last week! I am FURIOUS!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.