Declined at merchant but funds taken anyway

Jamisimmy21
New Community Member
So basically I went to Chevron and I bought $22.57 worth of stuff. There was only $22.54 on my PayPal card. I Ranett it declined it never said anything like oh she only owes three cents it just straight up declined but it took all of my money anyway. Chevron gave me both of the declined receipts and told me that I have to call my bank. Well I really can’t get a hold of PayPal there’s not really an option for this happening and I’ve had this happen to me before with a different bank so I need to obviously talk to somebody so I can disputeThe payment considering I paid $22.54 for items that I did not receive. I was literally three cents short and it took my entire amount like it glitched or something because it showed is completely declining on their end and I’m frustrated and bro I’m a single mother that was my last $22 that I was using on gas and an energy drink that I wanted so so so badly. When I finally did go in and it let me click on the charge to file a dispute it said error I can’t file a dispute for that kind of charge referred to my user agreement but I’m like OK either way I got robbed so somebody needs to pay me back and Chevron is refusing to so you would think PayPal would reach out to them for me this is ridiculous I don’t really know who’s fault it is yet but I’m broke and nobody’s helping
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.