Decentlifes reviews

Iandp
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone used a company called Decentlifes? They have PayPal as a payment method so wondered if anyone had bought from them? experience?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Iandp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, if you find out how to report a Facebook advert website I would love to know. I suspect you will get nowhere as Facebook seems to refuse to take ANY responsibility for these, and similar, adverts - they just want the revenue!

Login to Me Too

Cynthia94
Contributor
Contributor

I received a note from Paypal today saying that my claim was denied because the seller had provided a tracking number. I have refiled my complaint letting them know that the tracking number provided was not for a package addressed to me. Hopefully that will change things. I have also done the following:

1. Reported the Facebook page as fraudulent to Facebook

2. Filed a report with the United States Post Office as mail fraud (https://www.uspis.gov/report/

3. Filed a report with the government's Internet Crime Complaint Center(https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint)

4. Contacted the decentlifes.com web host and filed a complaint that it was a fraudulent website. 

5. Sent the two emails involved to Google as emails involved with fraud. 

I would encourage anyone else who has had this issue to complete the reports for the USPS and IC3. 

Login to Me Too

juijji
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information!!!

Login to Me Too

Cynthia94
Contributor
Contributor
UPDATE ON MY CASE: I appealed my case with PayPal after first being denied because the tracking number was provided by the seller (in my case, the seller showed up as “Robert Wilson.” I’m not sure I’d this company is using more than one name/email address for its scam). Since I had already spoken with the USPS and found that the tracking number was not for my package (it was for a package addressed to someone else at a different address), I knew I had reason to appeal. PayPal told me that I needed a copy/screenshot of my conversation with the USPS stating that the tracking number wasn’t for my package. I went back to the USPS website (after trying to reach them via phone), and filed a claim for a missing package, but asking them to reply via email and told them what I needed. It took 2 days, but they responded with a letter saying that the tracking number was for a packaged addressed to and delivered to someone else. I sent that information to PayPal and my claim was approved so I will be getting a refund. By the way, the tracking number that I was given showed that my item was being shipped by Amazon. I’m curious if other people’s were also that was (so are the decentlifes people getting their tracking numbers from Amazon or from the USPS?). If they are all done this way, I will send a notice to Amazon also. I think that the company keeps the prices low so that people will give up on their refunds more easily. I really do encourage you all to file a complaint with the Internet crime dept and the inspector general for the post office (links in my previous comment), as if there are enough complaints, perhaps the officials will be able to find and prosecute these people.
Login to Me Too

Harold2021
New Community Member

Was supposed to have shipped my order but went to the wrong address.  People at that address never received it, but the Post Office has a record of delivery.  I have asked for it to be reshipped to the correct address with no reply.  Scammed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.