DO NOT BUY BATTERY CHARGED CHAINSAW!!!!!!

FedUp25
Contributor
Contributor

There are several adverts for battery powered mini chainsaws on the internet.  Don’t buy them!  They are usually cheap, look like Stihl mini chainsaws.  I was sucked in.  What arrived was a chain with a cloth handle at each end.  I opened a dispute with PayPal, thinking they would deal with it and ban the scammers.....nah.  I ended up getting emailed direct from the scammer who denied that I got anything different to what I had ordered.  I sent pictures via PayPal of the before and after to show that what I got was totally NOT what I ordered.  The seller said they had proof of my order and warehouse dispatch which was totally fake.  Eventually they agreed to a full refund IF they received the item back in original condition.  Since the sealed plastic bag it came in was not in original condition, I could see that would be my first problem.  When I checked out the cost of basic postage, it was more than I paid.  It had to be tracked, so that was even higher cost.  Totally out of my reach plus I now don’t trust the seller to tell the truth even if I did send it.  PayPal is rubbish.  They must have had other complaints but still deal with these scammers.  Waste of time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Bernardp77
New Community Member

PayPal facilitates criminal sellers. These sellers steel the videos from the official website and show them for their products to mislead buyers. In this case Stihl already tried to  sue them, however this is difficult when the seller hides in China where such practices are allowed. I told this PayPal and gave them the reaction of the legal department of Stihl. PayPal does not pay you back for misleading products or in my case, even completely different products. Big disappointment in the reliability of PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.