DISPUTES

Erosr
Contributor
Contributor
So, i ve purchased a pair of jordans of 800euros and received another jordan way less of value with different sizing valued at 200. I immediately talked to the seller and made a dispute. Once i made a dispute his paypal account froze, so he said that if i cancel my dispute he will be able to send me the money and be over with. I closed the dispute and he talked with someone at customer service and said that it takes 5 days for the money to be usable on his account. What do i do?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erosr 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't then you would escalate to a claim.
As you have closed it he can now ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Erosr
Contributor
Contributor
So how do i proceed to get my money back?? as i already emailed customer service and havent got any reply. Also i have all the conversation with the seller on messenger telling me to close the case in order to unblock his money. What is the best way to get my money back quick? Does it actually need 5 days to unblock a paypal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erosr 

I doubt his account is blocked, sounds like an excuse not to refund you now that you have closed the dispute.

Sorry but paypal can't do anything for you as the dispute is closed so you would have to wait for the seller to voluntarily refund you (if they decide to) OR if you funded your paypal payment with a credit card then see if your card issuer will help you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Erosr
Contributor
Contributor
Are you serious? He said to me directly through messenger the if i close the case he would be able to give me the money! I need the money, these are alot of money for me! Its the first only expensive pair i will ever buy. A present for myself for finishing my army time!! Paypal should be able to re-open a dispute once i show proof that i have been scammed and the seller demanded that he will only pay me my refund if i close the dispute!! These are alot of money! If i phone paypal services will they be able to help me? What will you do in my situation?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erosr 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-reopen-a-closed-paypal-dispute-faq809?app=searchAu...

Can I reopen a closed PayPal dispute?

No. Once a dispute is closed it can’t be reopened.
If you purchased your item on eBay, you may be able to file a claim with eBay if it’s been less than 45 days from the date of the transaction. Go to the eBay Resolution Centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.