DISPUTE A PAYMENT

Osmannw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Please I really need help in getting the attention of PayPal to review my dispute case again.

I am from the Republic of Sierra Leone, I am a business man who deals in used electronics goods. In August 2020, I met a supplier from the Facebook Marketplace where I get most of my supplies from. We negotiated for two computer laptops and he asked me to make payments to him via PayPal. After doing some research on PayPal, I was convinced that the payment will be to the right person and for the right purpose as I found out PayPal has a very strict policy and purchases. After sending the payments, he totally blocked me and never replied to any of my messages.

As I'm suffering from diabetes, I spent weeks in the hospital fighting for my life. After I got discharged from the hospital, I filed disputes against those transactions on PayPal. Within few hours, I got emails from PayPal saying they have ruled in the seller's favor therefore I won't be getting any refunds. I was shocked because they even decided to permanently limit my PayPal account. Those transactions were my first transactions using PayPal and it was the seller's idea for me to create the account.

Well, I have tried to appeal and even provided the entire conversations I had with the seller but unfortunately nobody from PayPal has ever replied to any of the emails I sent to them in the email section on my PayPal account. The decision PayPal made against me is totally unfair and bias. 

Please can anyone here help me on how to get the attention of PayPal to looking into my case again. I have attached all evidences in my emails so that will be enough for them to see the truth.

Regards

Osman

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Fnu50
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I paid money to seller for purchasing goods. However while purchasing i by mistake choose the friends and family option and now it turns out that seller is a fraud. How do I get my money back ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fnu50 

@Osmannw 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Osmannw
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was done under the goods and services as they were meant for a purchase. I attached the entire conversation I Had with the seller but PayPal ignored it and ruled in his favor.

Login to Me Too

Naz1233
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue and seem like paypall doesnt care if u use friends n family. They close by dispute automatically. And not able to reach them. Every time i called they r unavailable and automated service told me to contact through messaging. Since yesturday i am waiting for any agent to reply. But no luck yet. This is an unprofessional service. Will not use or recommend paypall for any future purchase.
Login to Me Too

Fnu50
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I agree, same kind of thing is happening with me every time I try to contact them. It’s so bad because they must take an action against the frauds.
Login to Me Too

Osmannw
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, well I'm sure they are abusing the power they have. How could they let someone use their platform to scam and they ruled in favor of the fraudster? Its a shame they can't respect the very policies which attract customers to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.