DISMAYED - My Dispute was Denied despite all attempts to stop a fraudulent transaction

Razorbeam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I felt betrayed and lied to by Paypal, and am now FURIOUS at the outcome of a recent case that they now closed.

I caught a fraudulant transaction in the middle of an authorization 2 weeks back.  Someone used my account to book airline tickets.  I called the merchant who wasn't able to stop it during an authorization process - so I then called Paypal & pleaded with Paypal for help.   

Paypal assured me this charge will be marked as Unauthorized with the merchant, and will freeze my account to prevent any additional unauthorized charges.  The Paypal agent also assured me the charge should not go through as they will connect with the merchant , so I relaxed a bit and even received an email confirming the charges are Unauthorized. 

What I should have done is check again into my account with Paypal to ensure the charge did not go through, and then double check with the merchant who the sale went to.

I learned 2 weeks later that the money was still debited from my account and I received a shock when Paypal informed me there is an outstanding balance!

I opened a SECOND dispute to try to fight this - called the Agent (I believe it was the same girl who took my call fir the FIRST dispute) and so frustrated, hoped this would be resolved in my favor as I angrily told her there was the first dispute to try and stop the Unauthorized transaction - I felt brushed off by her regardless of how she said she's escalated this to the back office, and will personally 'monitor' this case.

Now I am faced with this horrible record of Unauthorized charge, which I REFUSE TO PAY!  

I have already called the merchant to explain and they've opened a Fraud case on my behalf.  Now I have to wait some more in frustration and anxiety for their Revenue Dept. to resolve this  - and meanwhile, that THIEF who used my account to pay for his tickets got a free ride.

Has my situation happened to anyone else here?   I should NOT be held responsible for a charge I did not issue, nor should I be held accountable to this Case that is now Closed and cannot be reopened -this is horribly unfair!

Angry and Helpless in NYC

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Razorbeam
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else who is reading this experienced something similar as my case, where you've made all the right steps but STILL got PUNISHED with unauthorized charges? 

And would interest stack up or would the Refusal to pay for charges I did not issue escalate to their Legal dept.? 

This is completely unfair to me and PAYPAL has **bleep** me over!

Login to Me Too

Razorbeam
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal should sink to the bottom of the ocean because that’s where they truly belong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.