DIDNT RECEIVE GOODS

firemansam1945
New Community Member

For the first time in using paypal i have been scammed i did not receive my goods yet it says they was delivered i phoned fedex which they said they was delivered when i asked where it was a different name and not my address  yet paypal have closed the dispute so what do i do now im out of pocket by $98 and no goods ? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Mike435
Contributor
Contributor

I also am having similar situation. FedEx online said it was delivered. I called locally and they gave me some type of reply that the information didn’t match what was on the tracking number and I needed to have the merchant or shipper contact them. Of course, they won’t contact me and PayPal should flag the orders and notify their customers when they are aware of problems. Who do I contact at PayPal? All the choices I get is the online message virtual help and not a real person. I tried calling also and still just got virtual options with no real customer service options. I won’t use PayPal service again and trying to get local help dealing with the scam. PayPal is part of the problem not a solution in my opinion.

Login to Me Too

Mike435
Contributor
Contributor

After much aggravating stress and trying to sort through emails from PayPal and shipper I have updated information to share.

My own credit card fraud division provided me with a telephone number to contact PayPal which I did and they did a brief investigation of some sort and told me my claim was denied because the seller said the item was shipped and delivered. FedEx told me the shipping information I gave them didn’t match what was on the shipping information for that package or tracking number. If PayPal truly investigated and talked to shipper or verified information I would like to see their information. PayPal does not want your help, copies of emails, proof of any sort sent to them showing I couldn’t even contact sellers through their supplied email information. Did the seller contact FedEx concerning the wrong delivery information? Why is PayPal closing the dispute and leaving me once again to use useless help and virtual help remedies. PAYPAL, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM IN THESE SCAMS DUE TO YOUR UNETHICAL TECHNIQUES IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DISPUTES YOU HAVE CREATED THE LOOPHOLES AND SCAMS THESE SELLERS ARE USING. RECOMMENDATION FROM ME IS CLOSE ALL PAYPAL ACCOUNTS. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firemansam1945 

@Mike435 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mike435
Contributor
Contributor

This is where you are all **bleep** up. You don’t accept information from us to include in your opening dispute. Why do you think I was trying to contact seller? To get them to contact FedEx as FedEx owns nothing to the receiver but to the shipper for their service. You want me to provide that? How about PayPal provide that since they can get all the info and talk to shipper whereas I can’t even do that and PayPal has not provided me any updated information to contact seller. Does PayPal want to see the email showing how the package was supposed to be delivered? Did you check FedEx records to show the actual destination and delivery instructions for that tracking? Y’all did not want my help in furnishing this information to you originally and no email address that will accept the information because I’ve tried. Now, what the hell are you really helping with?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mike435 

I don't check anything thanks. Nothing to do with me.

If you want to get the evidence as per my post then do so, if not then it matters to me not one jot.

I just give up my time to give you some FREE ADVICE on how paypal works and the best way to get a refund under the circumstances you have stated.

So.......you're welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mike435
Contributor
Contributor

Your comment about contacting my card company is typical for PayPal. Anything you can say to shift the attention and work with customer service to someone else. Y’all knew about these scams when I placed the order (1st one I tried) if you go back and research community forums which I was not even aware of. I thought PayPal was supposed to be safer than using your bank card alone which was purpose in using PayPal. You do not protect the customer in the least bit and are not even near as helpful as bank card. You can close my account no,no. That’s something I’m going to have to try and do myself also just to try and keep bank information private that I foolishly shared with you.

Login to Me Too

Mike435
Contributor
Contributor

Why don’t PayPal get the info from FedEx since they’ve already talked to merchant that wouldn’t answer me or was wrong email. PayPal didn’t bother to enlighten me on a new address or email for the seller too. You just want to deny any responsibility for us being scammed or paying for our loss due to your negligence. You’re supposed to be safer than using bank card for purchases? BS

Login to Me Too

jtarbutton46
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same situation! Seller says items delivered. Fedex tracking show that they were delivered to a name and address which are NOT mine. Paypal is making it as difficult as possible for me to obtain a refund. I have supplied PP with the tracking sheet showing the items went to someone else. Awaiting the outcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.