DENIED - Scammers are getting GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

westcoast79
New Community Member

Wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a closed case opened and ACTUALLY received a refund.  I made a purchase via a Facebook ad - I knew it was too good to be true but went ahead with the purchase, $99.99 for two egg shaped chairs with the off chance I would actually get the products.  Either too good to be true or the deal of the century.  I should have known better but curiosity got the best of me.  I got a confirmation and the site was homelml.com.  THEN, I saw the same EXACT ad with a different website name.  I checked my PayPal receipts (should have known better when this was the ONLY payment option but I use PayPal a lot) and the seller was a hotmail address in my receipt.  At this point the website was STILL up and when I started really looking, they listed a 'showroom' with a FAKE non-existent address in Los Angeles (also provided screen shots to PayPal).  These scammers provided fake tracking within hours and showed DELIVERY the next day with a 1lb 'package' and there is NO delivery address on the FedEx tracking.  I provided information in my dispute with screen shots, fake tracking, the fact that the website now no longer exists, etc. and they DENIED it saying the seller provided tracking and closed my case.  Does and ACTUAL person even look at these???  Or is it a machine that just searches and says 'tracking was provided, case closed'.  I am LIVID that these people know how to work the system.  I knew there was a possibility this was a scam but thought that a company like PayPal would be able to spot it and reverse the charge, my mind is blown that they just denied my refund and are letting these people take my hard earned money.  I saw the same ad a THIRD time on Facebook and reported it.  What are my options??  I have now filed a claim with FedEx to see if I can get anywhere there - how do they let tracking go through and actually TRACK it and leave the delivery address blank??  Has anyone HAD any luck?  And if so, what did you do?  Shame on PayPal for this, I thought this was a company that I could trust to protect it's users from these advanced scammers, especially when proof is PROVIDED that it's a scam.  Been using PayPal for decades now and this is my first experience with something like this.  Definitely going to rethink purchases with this payment method moving forward, I'm so disappointed.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lindquistfamof4
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me. I contacted the delivery service and was given confirmation as to the address the package was delivered. My original claim was denied for the exact reason but I was persistent and they did eventually refund my money. They 100% know that the fake delivery confirmation is happening all over the place and appear to be letting their customers continue to get scammed. I only use PayPal now if it’s a trusted site. If you didn’t use PayPal funds (ie you used a credit card) you might be able to fight the charge that way too.
Login to Me Too

JMSainato
Contributor
Contributor

I filed several claims in the US, UK and Hon Kong for Besla Technology , nothing has every been done.  I even spent time at my local post office with their postmaster who also could not figure out how they can show tracking information right to my home but have it actually delivered to another address.  By the way, what was actually delivered (To the other address) was an empty box.  I did purchase the domain names for both Besla Technology and Besla Limited but bottom line, I really think this is over, I lost $99 but never again

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @westcoast79

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

If you filed a Item Not Received claim, we ask the merchant to provide tracking that confirms the item was delivered to the buyer. It sounds like the merchant provided tracking that confirms delivery to your city and state. In order to appeal the claim, please reach out to the shipping company to provide a document that confirms the package associated with the specific tracking number was not shipped to the shipping address associated with the transaction. Once you have this information, you can request an appeal. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.