Cyber attack - no PayPal support (at all)

ElianComan
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

I am a PayPal Customer for years, with an impeccable background hands down.

Today I was cyber attacked, someone got my login data and placed an order to a flower shop in Spain, to be delivered in Russia (+400 EUR).

The moment I noticed (via email) the order confirmation and the transaction confirmation, I have raised a dispute to PayPal and contacted the flower shop to explain the situation.

PayPal reaction was unacceptable at least. They declined my request ("After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized") and basically block any attempt from my side to escalate this. The flower shop in Spain seems to be more supportive and apparently stopped the order delivery.

Please, any advice how to proceed and get my money back? How to I convince PayPal to support, considering the flower shop might be willing to co-operate?

Many thanks indeed.

Best regards. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElianComan 

The seller can simply go into the transaction in question and issue a refund if payment is listed as completed and they stopped order from shipping. You can also contact PayPal and have them review the case again:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.