PPRS
Contributor
Contributor

05/25/2020:

Transaction ID: 84K37685TK020391L

salazarhorne8410143

Amount: $61.98,

Date: May 17, 2020,

Labeled as: Car Rental (Comment: this was a purchase of an Amazon Fire TV Stick and not a Car Rental issue)

Dear Sir/Madam at PayPal,

Regarding: Transaction ID: 84K37685TK020391L

Here are the facts of the matter:

1. On May 17, 2020, I placed an order (Exhibit A):
    1. For two “Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K,” for a total of $61.98
    2. Order Number: 13100, with Blue Sianas of Lumberton, NJ.
    3. For shipment to my home address in Temple, Texas.
    4. Payment Method: through PayPal Checkout.

1. On May 20, 2020, I received an email from PayPal regarding the following (Exhibit B):
    1. “salazarhorne8410143” charged my account for the amount of $61.98.  Comment: I never dealt with “salazarhorne8410143” and I never authorized that person to charge my account.
    2. Shipper: UPS; Tracking Number: “1ZE2R2582452000687”
    3. Shipped to my home address.
    4. Details: {"order_id":13100,"order_number":"13100","order_key":"wc_order_mSUM2NX06jrDD"}

1. On May 22, 2020, I called UPS in person. Also, I checked online the tracking number “1ZE2R2582452000687” that PayPal gave me with UPS (Exhibit C). Please note the following facts about this shipment:
    1. Shipment weight is 5.10 lbs. Comment: This is much heavier than 2 Amazon Fire TV Sticks.
    2. Shipment came from Reno, Nevada. Comment: That is not where I purchased from.
    3. Shipment was sent by “UPS Next Day Air.” Comment: this is not what is said to be “free shipment.”
    4. Shipment delivered on 05/20/2020. Comment: Until to date, I have never received this package or the merchandise that I have paid for.
    5. This shipment went to McLane’s Children’s Hospital in Temple. Comment: This is neither my home nor the place where I work.

1. On May 22, 2020, I wrote to “salazarhorne8410143,” stating, “I did not receive the package. Please update me.” To which, until to date, I have never received any response. (Exhibit D).

1. On May 22, 2020, I filed a dispute with PayPal requesting an investigation regarding the error and the fact that I have never received the merchandise that they said that I received on 05/20/2020. This merchandise was never delivered where it was supposed to.

1. On 05/23/2020 PayPal responded quickly without any investigation: “Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.” (Exhibit E).

1. On multiple occasions thereafter, I tried to contact PayPal to no avail:
    1. I called PayPal to no avail. Their voice message was that their Call Center is closed due to COVID-19.
    2. I tried to reach out to PayPal through their online “Chat” portal to no avail. I stated my case, but they never responded at all.
    3. It appears that COVID-19 has shut PayPal down and deteriorated their service. As this is the case; I shall no longer deal through PayPal.
    4. Since I could not reach out to PayPal in any possible way to engage with an honest person who would give attention to this case and investigate it in a fair and honest manner, I decided to pull out my credit card from the PayPal account and never to use them again. This is bad for PayPal and for small businesses that rely on them.

1. Current Status: I have never received the merchandise that I have been charged for by PayPal.

1. The UPS tracking number that PayPal supplied as evidence of delivery of the merchandise, was for a different shipment that was totally unrelated and unaddressed to me.

1. It appears that the seller “Blue Sianas,” and/or “salazarhorne8410143” are/is a thief.
    1. This thief has access to UPS information and has supplied PayPal with a tracking number to a shipment coming to Temple, Texas, from “wherever” in the US, as evidence for delivery of the merchandise.
    2. This thief is assisted by the fact that UPS online tracking provides delivery information regarding the city and state where a merchandise was delivered but does not provide the specific address where it were delivered. Specific delivery addresses are obtained only when you call UPS with the tracking number.

1. It also appears that PayPal is an accomplice in this thievery act by supporting the seller and blocking the buyer as is clear in the above-stated. Pay believes that the merchandise was delivered in Temple, Texas, but they never bothered to call UPS to find out where in Temple, Texas, their said shipment tracking Number was delivered.

1. Please investigate this case properly, refund my money back, and hold “salazarhorne8410143” responsible for this theft.

PPRS

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PPRS
Contributor
Contributor

I withdrew my Credit Card from PayPal. I no longer trust them with payments. They are currently understaffed and do not investigate cases of vendor theft. In fact, they appear to be incremented in the theft to the favor of collecting their commission. They use the current Pandemic as an excuse for not responding properly to customers, and for cancelling their call center. Also, for quick decisions to the favor of collecting their commission. In effect, PayPal are thieves. I already posted my case. I shall no longer deal through PayPal. I note that communicating with PayPal on chat is totally useless when they respond many hours later. Since PayPal reduced their staff and stopped responding properly to customers, they have lost my business and I am sure many more. As if they will catch COVID-19 on the telephone or through chat. PayPal use the current Pandemic as an excuse for their shortcomings and theft. PayPal email was used by a thief-vendor to let me know that the merchandise was delivered to me, when actually, it was never delivered to me but to another address in the same city. A fake UPS tracking number, by a thief-vendor who seems to have access to UPS tracking numbers, for an unrelated package, that was addressed to different people, at a different address, but in the same city where I live. PayPal fell for it and they trusted the thief-vendor that it was delivered to me without checking with UPS regarding to whom and where it were delivered. That makes PayPal thieves as much as the thief-vendor because he used PayPal email and forum to steal my money, while being protected by PayPal who refuses to investigate the case. Especially that now they know about the theft and their mistake, but they choose not to fix it or hold the thief whom they represent accountable. No one should trust PayPal with their credit cards. BIG MISTAKE TO USE PAYPAL TO PURCHASE ANYTHING.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.