Customer has informed paypal to refund payment due to faulty item

daveoaa
New Community Member

I recently sold an item for £410.00 which was paid into my paypal account. Then the buyer disputed payment as the buyer says the item was faulty and not as described. I agreed to refund the buyer the full amount and asked him to return the item by post or I could pick it up from his address and I would refund him there and then. I also told him that if he wished to return it to my address I would also reimburse him fuel costs. Since the complaint made by the buyer I have sent him several messages informing him that I will refund him the full amount if he agrees to return it. Im not sure what step I need to  take next.   What happens if paypal refund him the full amount and i dont get the item back, is there no protection against this happening. He only lives in Leicester and I live in Nottingham which is  about 30 minutes drive to me and the offer ive made has been ignored.  Please advise me  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.