Customer has changed their mind - do I have to refund? UK

JoLo221
Contributor
Contributor

Customer has filed a dispute as 'item not received' even though they acknowledge they received their item. The item was a software download which should have downloaded instantly, but didn't. The customer made contact and the issue was acknowledge within 2 hours and the customer confirmed they still required the product. It was sent and received within 15 minutes, but 4 hours later having received the product they decided they now no longer wanted it and claimed for a refund. As the seller, am I obliged to send a refund?

I am in the United Kingdom.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoLo221 

You have no seller protection for virtual or digital items BUT that does not mean the buyer would neccessarily win a dispute for non receipt of item.

Tell them to go through the dispute process and then before they can escalate to a claim give as much evidence as you possibly can so that paypal can see the item was received by the buyer.

Good luck. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoLo221 

You have no seller protection for virtual or digital items BUT that does not mean the buyer would neccessarily win a dispute for non receipt of item.

Tell them to go through the dispute process and then before they can escalate to a claim give as much evidence as you possibly can so that paypal can see the item was received by the buyer.

Good luck. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JoLo221
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.