Customer files chargeback in June for items ordered in March

MaisonDB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I would like to hear your thoughts on how I can request PayPal to relook at my case, and I've noticed there's been a lot of such situations which doesn't rule in favour of businesses.

I had a customer who made 2 purchases online with me, 1 month after her 1st order (which she claimed didn’t arrive). She selected the no tracking option, and when the parcel supposedly went missing, she did not reach out to customer service at all to enquire about the parcel.

4 weeks later, she placed a 2nd order with different items this time, also selecting the no tracking option. And these orders happened both in March and April. In June, she then files a chargeback claiming that the 1st order didn’t arrive AT ALL. I’ve emailed her multiple time to clarify, but instead she ignores me emails which is very suspicious to me.

Paypal requested shipping documents, but how can I provide a tracking number when the customer was the one who chose to NOT go for tracking? When PayPal refunds a customer like that, without looking at the facts from all corners, they're just encouraging the bad behaviour to continue.

On top of all these, PayPal refunded her the entire of her first order and charged me a chargeback reversal fee. Now my concern is that she knows how easy it is to get a refund, she will try again with her second order. 

For anyone who says that I should do tracked services only, I provide both tracking and no tracking services (for just $3 apart). I understand that some customers are not willing to pay so much for shipping, and therefore rather choose the cheaper option.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MaisonDB 

If you offer both tracked and untracked then of course the buyer will choose the cheaper option as they know they will win any dispute for non receipt of item.

You can certainly send untracked but its at your risk not the buyers as in the event of an item not received dispute the only way paypal is going to know if the item was received or not is by the seller providing trackable proof of delivery.

Tracking shows delivery...you win. Tracking shows not delivered OR you can't provide tracking normally means....buyer wins. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.