Custom item, not got what we asked for

roisin68
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone so about 2 weeks ago I paid for a custom designed costume, we met the designers in person to discuss colours etc came back for fitting and all that. Paid off via PayPal however I’ve just noticed the rhinestones we requested and paid a lot of money for have not been put on the costume. We requested swarovski rhinestones and I have a few spare at home and compared them and they definitely aren’t swarovski, they look like preciosa (a good quality but cheaper alternative) I have email correspondence confirming that I asked for that brand and a reply from the designer saying no problem and they will add it to the file. This costume cost a lot of money and we love the costume but we didn’t get the stones that we paid for and we’re told we were getting!! What can I do? I don’t want a full refund the dress is beautiful, it’s just not the stones we requested. Am I entitled to a partial refund? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roisin68 

Buyer protection does not cover 'custom made' items so it would be between you and the seller to sort out and if you can't then maybe private legal action against the seller if you want to go down that route OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could ask your card issuer for help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roisin68 

Buyer protection does not cover 'custom made' items so it would be between you and the seller to sort out and if you can't then maybe private legal action against the seller if you want to go down that route OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then you could ask your card issuer for help.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@roisin68 

Significantly Not as Described claims for wholly or partly custom-made items are not covered therefore if a dispute is opened, you must resolve it with the seller in then depute phase (20 days from date of dispute) without escalating to PayPal claim.

Please refer to the purchase/buyer protection program terms and conditions for the policy on custom made items by clicking "Legal" at the bottom of the page, selecting location, and accessing the PayPal User Agreement as they might affect your ability to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.