Credit card charge back

Bakerx6
New Community Member

Someone who purchased something from me waited 4 months to say they weren’t happy with an item, filed a claim against me and I won, 2 months later she filed a credit card charge back against my PayPal and now they have put a 470$ hold on my account while they argue with her credit card company. Here is my problem, what protection do we have as sellers if anyone can come back and charge Bank from their bank/credit card? I sell though PayPal because I thought that once a claim was filed and decided on hat it was finished? So this person gets to keep the product and the money? Isn’t there suppose to be some kind of protection against this that PayPal should have? I pay a lot of fees to them and for what?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bakerx6

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals seller protection policy for you to read and then risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

This is risk of using Paypal,if you have your own merchant account to accept credit card,you have a better chance of fighting the chargeback.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.