Covid delayed parcel, paypal refunded buyer. how to reopen closed case?

kangaroobaby
Contributor
Contributor

hello, I sold an item to a buyer in Australia for 2000 USD. I told the buyer parcel would be slow and may take a couple months due to Covid and Melbourne planes were restricted, she was ok with it. But after a few weeks she decided she didn't want to wait anymore and filed a case of item not received. Despite me telling Paypal the parcel is still on the way, the case was closed in favour of buyer because the tracking did not update properly.

Yesterday, the tracking has updated to delivered and the buyer told me she received the item. But Paypal already gave her the money back. I have lost both item and money and I am very upset. I sold the item because I need to pay my father's medical bills, he is 70 and has Covid. Now I don't have money and I don't have item.

I made sure to get a tracking and everything but I cannot control how long the parcel takes to arrive. 

In the dispute the buyer even accused me that I am a liar and the item was not sent/lost. But it is only because the courier was slower due to Covid. Now I am out of money for my medical bills and no item to sell.

Can I talk to someone to manually reopen the case? It has been more than 10 days since case closed, but now I have new information to add to the dispute. Any help please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kangaroobaby 

Sadly not as a refund has already been made and you can't force a buyer to pay again.

However send her a money request and see if she will voluntarily pay for the item she admits receiving.

Does sound as though it took a long while though, I can send all round the world in a max of a couple of weeks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.