Counterfeit items

Niiayi81
Contributor
Contributor

Why does payment leave it to buyers to prove authenticity if items that are clearly not authentic. Buyers have to go through lengths to prove an item is not authentic. Who pays for these services? I’ve just had to pay an authentication service $30 to prove an item which is clearly not authentic isn’t. Do I get compensated if I win the dispute!??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Niiayi81 

Well if Paypal just accepted a buyers word then every buyer that wanted a refund would just shout 'fake' so that they could get a refund for a misdescribed item and get a refund without having to return the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Niiayi81 

Well if Paypal just accepted a buyers word then every buyer that wanted a refund would just shout 'fake' so that they could get a refund for a misdescribed item and get a refund without having to return the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

turksadi
Contributor
Contributor

Which service did you use in order to prove that an item you have received is counterfeit? 30 USD is a decent price. I have only found one for 60 USD.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.