Counterfeit Lego 10257 Carousel

erose895
Contributor
Contributor

My dispute was denied. The kit cannot be put together. The blocks do not fit at all.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erose895 

Probably came from China?

Paypal covers you for item received but not as described BUT it has to be significantly other than described.

You bought and received the blocks so paypal does not get involved in the quality of the item only if you received something vastly different.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erose895 

PayPal disputes have conditions you have to meet in order to be eligible for protection. Did you explain in your dispute that the item was counterfeit? If your explanation is inadequate then it won't meet the conditions/eligibility for SNAD claim:

Significantly Not as Described claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

Meeting your expectations of the product is neither here nor there because PayPal purchase protection is not a guarantee, warranty, or insurance. PayPal never claimed it was.

Claim with your credit card instead if that's how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.