Counterfeit LOL Dolls

shaffy
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an L.O.L. bigger surprise for my nieces and it finally arrived after an extremely long wait. However it came from China, not the UK like the seller proposed. I was even given a Yodel tracking number that said the item was still not dropped off to the drop off location. I even disputed the arrival of the item and I was provided with a tracking number from China which showed it was delivered and I found it with my neighbor. When my nieces opened it up it was a fake. I’ve now contacted PayPal reguarding this and I was told I’d have to send it back but shipping is £65 tracked and I won’t get a refund on that and it was only £59.90. I’ve asked for alternate methods and I was told to take it to a store selling the item and get them to write a letter verifiying that it was indeed fake. I’ve done that however Tesco and Smyths both refused to do that. I’ve contacted the manufacturer too and they’ve gotten back with a message saying they’ve never heard of such a request and for me to sort it out with PayPal. I’ve contacted PayPal multiple times now and they just keep reiterating that I should send the item back and I can get a refund of £15... this makes no sense and I don’t feel like I’m being helped as much as I should be. Does anyone know of any other way about this or can offer me some sort of assistance that PayPal can’t seem to? Can the item be sent back with just a signiture and no tracking or does it actually need to be tracked?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shaffy

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Finally if you had provided written proof on company headed paper from a shop / company that sold / made that item OR trading standards and stated you had that proof when you opened the dispute then you would not have had to return the item. As its against the law to sell fakes Paypal don't expect you to return fake goods BUT the onus is on your to prove its fake first. (Otherwise every buyer would claim something was fake to save having to return it). Try trading standards, they may confirm its fake for you in writing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.