Countefeit Goods

Depopslayer89
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Forum,

I bought a counterfeit Burberry product and paid using PayPal goods & services. 

When I get my refund, do I have to return the good?

Are there any UK laws someone could reference/refer to that mean I don't have to return a bought counterfeit product that was advertised as authentic?

Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Depopslayer89

You have up to 180 days to open a dispute so if you have not already done so then get written proof from a shop or company that sells the genuine item OR trading standards and state you have that proof in a 'message to the buyer' that paypal reads when they escalate to a claim.

Then as you have that proof paypal 'may' not ask you to return the item. However if they do ask you to then personally if the seller was in the UK as well i would be telling them that unless they refund you that you will be reporting them to trading standards AND pursueing them in the small claims court.

That is if you want to go around that route, if not then just return it if paypal asks you to do so and i hope you activated the below link at some point before you made that transaction to get help with return shipping costs.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.