Costamy.com SCAM WEBSITE STILL ACCEPTS PAYPAL AFTER SCAMMING ALL BUYERS!!

EricBrian2315
New Community Member

I ordered a plumbing tool on costamy.com and received a worthless pair of counterfeit junk sunglasses instead. ALL the reviews now are showing the exact same thing happening to every order placed. Paypal won't refund my money unless i return the junk i was shipped which will cost $50.00 hen the item i paid for and never received was for $61.00. THIS WEBSITE STILL ACCEPTS PAYPAL!! WHY DOES PAYPAL NOT SUPPORT IT'S CUSTOMERS BUT INSTEAD SUPPORTS AND CONTINUES TO DO BUSINESS WITH A KNOWN SCAM WEBSITE?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EricBrian2315 

Stick to the merchants you know and trust. Do research on merchant/site before buying. Can't buy from just any store anymore. The internet is not the same as it was.

Return the item to get a refund or lose case.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

If not, forego the PayPal dispute all together and invoke your credit card chargeback rights if that's how you paid as cc dispute terms are more broader than paypal's. Don't make a habit of it though. You're also supposed to do your own due diligence to mitigate your chances of scams and sketchy sites too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

imakeaway
New Community Member

This is total BS!

The same thing happened to me and they did not request the glasses back. Now they're sending another shipment.

What good is the protection if you can't use it.  You did not order sunglasses and this is clearly a scam, so why should you have to go $50 in debt to get your money back.

And the obnoxious response below sounds like PayPal is getting a little too comfortable at the top. You're being blamed for a criminal ripping you off.  Nice!

I was trying to play nice by giving Costamy another chance to either refund my purchase or send me what I ordered before filing a dispute.  I have communicated with their staff and will not accept any BS answers if I submit a claim.

Login to Me Too

LT0791
New Community Member
Costamy also SCAM me out of $75 I bought a power tool and they sent me a cheap sunglasses. DO NOT ORDER FROM COSTAMY.
Login to Me Too

omarvn9
New Community Member

This is exactly what happened to my sister and they never sent the right item after that. 

Login to Me Too

gDan
Contributor
Contributor

Costamy rip me off too.  They even have a fake website that mimics EMS tracking.  But the website is fake.  It has the wrong URL.  Also none of the links are active.  The tracking data is populated with a bunch of fake, made up data.  It looks almost 100% legit, but it is actually 100 percent fake.  

I ordered an electric drill.  I received a cheap pair of toy or counterfeit sunglasses with zero value.  Costamy is getting rich ripping people off.  I paid them about $60.  They send me sunglasses worth nothing (okay maybe 50 cents), and they paid shipping from Hong Kong to my front door (maybe $10).  They still netted a $50 profit.  The fact that shipping from Hong Kong to USA takes more than 30 days almost nullifies any possible resolution via Paypal.  

I fought and fought with Paypal.  They finally refunded my money.  Nevertheless, Costamy still has the money that I sent to them.  They must be stopped.  Why won't Paypal listen to its customers and stop processing payments for these thieves?

COSTAMY MUST BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS.  THEY ARE SCAMMERS.  PERIOD.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I’m curious if PayPal keeps track of companies that send fake items and demands return at a high postage cost. The sales companies are mentioned on the forum yet they are still processed via PayPal. Do they get shut down only to reapply under another name?

Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@Dell14z @EricBrian2315 @gDan 

These companies can be from anywhere... they just see us as easy targets. 

Paypal responses are with bots nowadays..

Send your items back through certified mail. Some countries allow items to be tracked but do not use your known courier services like FedEx or UPS. 

Goodluck.

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.