Cost of Postage

CY078
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

Background

- Purchased a electronic item (steering wheel for sim racing) from a seller in Italy

- Had electrical issues in which the seller sent out a replacement electrical board for (as a last resort and not being helpful along the way mind you)

- A day later the wheel fell of its hub holding it onto the wheelbase (cheap materials used which has resulted in mounting holes become elongated) 

- Requested a refund

Issue

- The T&Cs state (in Italian) on the sellers website that "All return costs for defective products will be borne by the seller"

- Although the seller sent me one (T&C screenshot) in English which states "All return costs for defective products will be borne by the seller, excluding the return shipping of the product which is the responsibility of the buyer". 1) The English version cannot be found on their website, 2) The sentence itself if contradictory.

- The seller has also advised that the refund will only be for the product itself and not for the 1) Original shipping, 2) Return shipping

Question

- I understand PP has the $45 return postage policy ... however this will not be enough to cover the costs. 

- Can the seller impose this upon me ? or do I cop being out of pocket for shipping even though it states otherwise on their website ?

TIA

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.