Cooling units

Bhscoop844023_
New Community Member

PayPal RESOLUTION CENTER SABLE SERVICES LP 6-30-20 $128.00 PP-D-78729322 I have attempted to clarify my issue with the above purchase for at least two months. I have been patient. To repeat my claim. I purchased two of the cooling units and were received damaged. I contacted PayPal to file a claim late July. I responded to your inquiry and noted the claim amount of $128.00. You asked that I return the two units to an address in China. TO RETURN THE TWO COOLING UNITS TO SHENZHEN, CHINA will cost me $240.00+. Simple math says that the cost of shipping the two units to China is twice as expensive as the cost of the two units and the cost of shipping to my address in Florida. I have tried several times and was unsuccessful in contacting SABLE SERVICES to rectify this claim. I would like my $128.00 returned to me via my Master Card. I would be happy to send the damaged units to <removed> Rosemead, Calif. 91770 instead of the Chinese address. This is an address that appears on the package material but is not the Chinese address. Please consider this as an alternative then we can close the claim. Bruce <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

aheckhaus
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me.  I had to fight tooth and nail with Paypal for nearly 4 months to get my money back.  And it is frustrating even more, that when I am trying to help another person, I type up all this stuff detailing my transaction, and Paypal keeps deleting this post. 

So here’s what transpired for me.  I’ll try to detail everything the best I can.  All conversations occurred in Paypal Messaging Center.

• Bought one AC unit from Sable Services on 7/8
  • Unit arrived damaged
  • Filed Paypal claim on 8/8
  • Dispute resolution date kept getting pushed further and further out.  Finally I demanded my money back.
  • Seller asked for a video of the broken item.  I refused to do that.
  • Seller asked for the item to be shipped back, but they gave a bogus address.  The zip code had an extra digit, listed both China and the UK, and didn’t contain the province.
  • I told Paypal I refused to pay shipping for a broken item to a bogus address.  They provide a link (on my original transaction) to reimburse me for shipping up to $30.
  • I researched and found a more reliable address.  I packaged up the item, taking pictures of the item in a box, included a printed copy of my transaction dispute (taking a picture of that too) and a picture of the shipping label and sealed box.
  • Using http://paypal.com/shipnow (pull down on the top box to select China), I shipped the item to the following address
    • Sable Services LP
    • <removed> Shenzhen Guangdong
    • CHINA
  • It cost $40.85 to ship an International First Class package via USPS.  The weight limits for international first class are higher than domestic first class.  I think it was up to 4 pounds?
  • Packaged it up on 10/3 (Saturday) and uploaded my shipping documentation to the claim.  Took it to the post office on 10/5 (Monday) morning.  Sable refunded my money 10/5 evening.

Now I had to fight to get my shipping reimbursed.  According to Paypal’s regulations, my shipping reimbursement claim would be decided within 5 business days.  It kept saying Under Review.  After 5 business days, I started messaging them about the status.  Eventually they said they didn’t have a record of it, and to email my proof of return to <removed>  I had to break up the email address, because Paypal said I can’t post the email address here.  I did that on 10/21.  On 10/28, Paypal finally reimbursed $30 to my account.

So I’m out $10.85 from the shipping, but that’s better than the $78 for the broken piece of (insert your choice word here).  And, as of this writing, USPS says my item is still in transit, and Paypal still says my reimbursement claim listed under the original transaction is still “under review”.

I hope this helps someone.  Like I said, it took nearly 4 months, and I had to fight tooth and nail to get it.  Highly disappointed with Paypal’s handling of this entire ordeal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.