Cooler rip-off

Booger54
Contributor
Contributor
My wife recently purchased a yeti cooler online for $99.99 but the cooler has yet to come. The purchase was made July 1, 2020 . I have emailed the seller with no help . We were given a tracking # USPS 9400109898642975437526 that is incorrect. The tracking number says that the product was delivered in June, which is impossible because it wasn’t ordered until July 1 Has anyone else had this problem ?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jenna5366
Contributor
Contributor
We must have ordered from the same company. They will not respond back to me and the tracking number is saying it was delivered long beforen8 even ordered the cooler. I some to an investigator at the USPS...he advised that companies reuse tracking numbers so they dont have to pay shipping on the item. I'm in dispute with paypal...who says there were in contact with the seller. Only problem is, I was to long ago recieve the cooler and they still cant get a tracking number from them...but are denying my request to refund my money. DOD you ever get the cooler...or a refund. This is such **bleep**
Login to Me Too

Booger54
Contributor
Contributor
No we haven’t resolved it yet but we paid PayPal by credit card and they said that they will dispute the payment with PayPal. With the world like it is now, we sure don’t need that. Good luck.....
Login to Me Too

JuneauAK
New Community Member

I got ripped off in the exact same way. I put in a complaint with the good folks at PayPal and they are still investigating it.

Here is what really blows me away. The vendor provided a tracking number to PayPal indicating that the package was delivered to my home. What is really scary is they had the exact time that my postman made the delivery. FORTUNATELY we have a ring camera and there is absolutely nothing anywhere near the size of a cooler in the postman's hands when he comes to our door. I'm heading to the post office now where I have a very friendly postmaster who I am hoping can take a look at the tracking info and maybe glean some useful information. I see that the company is running the same ad on Facebook, under a different name. Hopefully Facebook shuts them down.

Login to Me Too

Jenna5366
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a replay to you. I hope you received it. Please reply to me and keep me posted
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JuneauAK 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.