Continuous issues with my funds

Otffin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Last couple of weeks has been a nightmare. I have over USD 11000 on my PayPal account and hard time getting it. First, PP doesn't agree to link my USD bank account even if during registration process they had no problem with credit card issued by the same bank. I live in Tanzania, PP forces me to open a bank account in US which is not legally possible. All answers sent by bots were useless.
Then they asked me to confirm my address details for "security" reasons and all documents -passport, residence permit, utility bill -  which I would attach were not good enough. Finally, after submitting my bank statement (they would not accept screen shots, it had to be the original) I received encouraging message that everything is correct.

Today, to my surprise, I got an email informing me that my account will be closed for security reasons and that I have 180 days to pay all refunds then after  that period they will instruct me how I can withdraw my funds.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel totally helpless with this inhumane system.

Do you know any email address at PP where I can write to a human being not to a bot?
I need someone who will instruct me how to get my money back and close the account. The day I am out of this matrix will be like getting a new life...

Thanks in advance.

Jacek

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Otffin 

First of all, you can only link a US bank account to PayPal Kenya accounts to withdraw, otherwise you can’t technically withdraw at all locally, not even card withdraw; can send and buy but you just let all this money accumulate because you can also receive payments with PayPal Kenya account too.

Second, dude, you have 11k in your account. PayPal is not just going to release that kind of money to just anyone. I am surprised they did not ask for a blood sample to do a dna test. They don’t want to risk someone coming back to them saying “Hey, you gave my money to someone else!” 

Since PayPal deem your use of this account and having this amount of money in it “risky”, they are closing your account and no longer want to do business with you so you wait the 180 days to cover disputes, if any, from those who have sent payment to you previously and what is left over, you can withdraw. PayPal will email you, once you are able to withdraw. This is their process of severing customer/business ties with you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Otffin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you... Wow... this is encouraging... Now I understand how Elon Musk got the funding for his childhood dreams...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.