Contacting paypal to invoke the guarantee etc.

Guineveretoo
Contributor
Contributor

I am really fed up with PayPal and how difficult it is to contact them. I am in dispute with a seller because I bought something which is not as described so I want a refund, asserting my rights under distance selling regulations. I have even taken some outline legal advice on this matter. 

It is a long story which is not relevant - the bit that is relevant is that PayPal say that they have found in my favour and that all I have to do is to return the goods for a full refund. Because they claim to have found in my favour, there appears to be no way I can escalate this dispute. However, I now know why the items took so long to arrive, because I am being expected to return them to China. At my own expense. 

I can't even get hold of anyone at PayPal to resolve this. 

Can anyone advise, or do I have to open a legal dispute with PayPal itself?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

It would seem you have to start a process with PayPal to issue a returns label. They refund up to £15 shipping fee but you still have to go through the process of packing and posting. In my view not acceptable when the fault is with the supplier. More of a problem when you buy online because you can’t get out for reasons other than Covid. Can’t print the label without a printer etc. PayPal are not playing fair and should cease trading with theses known scammers from the same country. Please flood your social media about PayPal and adverts on Facebook page.

Login to Me Too

Guineveretoo
Contributor
Contributor

I have not been able to find out how to raise it with PayPal, since they say that they have found in my favour already. I have tried twitter and facebook. 

Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Try the help button at the top of this page. Hopefully a chat window will open and you can ask there

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.