Contacting Paypal

dante7248
New Community Member

PayPal is a Master at Denying Users Any Help Whatsoever. They have an appalling approach to customer service (there isn't any, and they don't care). It's just a game to them. I have had my PayPal account hacked, my bank account and credit cards drained for many thousands of dollars in 17 transactions in the last 3 days - and they deliberately make it impossible to contact them. I am at my wit's end. They pretty well made it impossible for me to post this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dante7248 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dante7248 

if you were hacked......

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and use the 'report a problem' link at the bottom to report it as unauthorised if that is what it was.

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was hacked then yes you should receive your refund.

I hope you changed your password and security questions?
I hope you ran a virus scan on your computer?
I would also be telling my card issuers and bank accounts company that the account was hacked so that they can keep an eye on your account OR remove the financial info involved until things are sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CB92
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is notorious for the lack of customer service, there is almost no human being you can contact at PayPal, and considering the amount of profit they make you would think they could afford someone to answer and email. I have been a member for many years and can remember a time when there was contact but now their incestuous arrangement with Ebay gives them a large number of customers with nowhere else to go. 

I am tied into that crackpot autobot messenger now............

Will it ever change?

Login to Me Too

Temp20201130l
Contributor
Contributor

Thankfully, I haven't found any missing funds yet, but I have a similar problem.  PayPal is asking me to confirm a bank account that I confirmed well over 5 years ago.  That means something is wrong.  It could be a fraud attempt.  It could be that my account was hacked.  I know for a fact that someone has been trying to hack my account.  I had to change my e-mail address and all of my information to try and prevent it.  I have no idea if that actually worked.

I've spent over two hours trying to contact anyone in any useful way and it's clear that PayPal has DELIBERATELY made it impossible to contact help or to get help.  I can't report a problem unless it relates to a transaction.  I can't speak to a live person.  I can try and submit messages, but I only get hassled by an inept chatbot that points me to the endless loop of help articles that just point to each other and don't provide any actual solutions.  I need to talk to someone and find out why I'm being asked to confirm an account that I confirmed a long, long time ago.  It clearly suggests that someone tried to change my account information, which means I was hacked and also means that there is likely other fraud on my account, but I can't even report that fraud because I can only report fraud if it relates to a transaction, and so the loop goes.

This isn't an accident.  It's the worst possible customer service and the best advertisement for PayPal's competition that I've ever seen.  

Login to Me Too

Jaybird21
Contributor
Contributor

I want to chat or speak with a human being about the 4.3% fees but Customer service is limited due to COVID. Hello! Internet customer service is probably one of the easiest service to do from your home. How much has Paypal made with everyone sitting at home buying products and services online? The Gig may be up Paypal, service your customers or lose them!!

Login to Me Too

sing4me0
New Community Member

Sing4me0

My account was hacked by somebody in Russia And also The Ukrain and took out nearly $300AU and PayPal closed my request down saying it was paid by my credit card and i would have to wear it so i closed my cards with PayPal, just as well i closed my cards with them because another $600 AU came through fron Russia and Ukraine but did not get paid because i closed my cards with PayPal and have not bought a thing since PayPal is unsafe to use and there is no way to contact them to explain i was hacked they just don't care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.