Contacting PayPal Mission Impossible!

Vermaric
Contributor
Contributor

Scammer sent the incorrect goods to a different person, tried everything, messages, resolution center, call centers closed, NO REPLIES, ZERO, ZILCH, NOTHING!

Apart from PayPal sucks, any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vermaric 

As you haven't said which dispute you opened and what happened then sadly not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vermaric
Contributor
Contributor

The reason for not detailing the specific transaction was due to the question being about contacting PayPal and getting a sensible reply and some action taken to remedy the problem, I cannot.

Previously, I had opened a case of non-delivery and Paypal closed that case without finding out if the goods were delivered and they were not delivered to me.

Since PayPal closed that case without any consultation, I can't contact anyone about the specific problem, their system just says there's an error, and loops you back to the start page.

Apart from that issue, agents do not reply to messages, auto-bots are useless and there are hundreds of Paypal customers reporting similar contact problems.

Basically, Paypal's problem reporting system is a disgrace that does not work.

Login to Me Too

davodb
New Community Member

trying to resolve issues too, My advice close account. My account is some how locked can't get hold of anyone. Delete your cards and bank accounts from paypal block access to your bank cancel direct debits with your bank get your bank to issue you with a new credit/debit card so paypal can't use it anymore.

Login to Me Too

Vermaric
Contributor
Contributor

My issue with PayPal is different from yours, but I agree with you closing your account, changing cards is a good idea, no matter what PayPal says their customer service is disgraceful. PayPal is losing ground in many areas due to this and other factors and they deserve to, I no longer transfer funds with PayPal (better rate and cheaper) and I'm using my cards in the future rather than use PayPal's payment system.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vermaric 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Vermaric
Contributor
Contributor

The forwarding agent already confirmed, 1) The goods were NOT what I ordered, 2) The Package was NOT addressed to me, 3) The package was not delivered to my suite, 4) They checked the goods and they were cheap rubbish and not what I had ordered. I reported this straight away to Paypal BEFORE THE GOOD WERE DELIVERED BECAUSE eBay had immediately closed the seller's account. PayPal caused this problem because their staff is too lazy to do their job properly. I CANNOT CONTACT PAYPAL ON FACEBOOK, BY PHONE, eMAIL, CARRIER PIGEON, SMOKE SIGNALS, morse code, NOTHING DO YOU UNDERSTAND? THERE IS NO  WAY TO CONTACT PAYPAL, PAYPAL IS IGNORING CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS,  THE SYSTEM SENDS PEOPLE AROUND IN CIRCLES, AUTO-BOTS ARE USELESS AND THOUSAND OF OTHER CUSTOMERS AGREE. I REPORTED THIS RIGHT AWAY AND SOME PAYPAL MORON CLOSED THE CASE WITHOUT CHECKING ANYTHING. I GUESSED IT WAS A SCAM BUT DID ANYONE DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY? NO! I SENT COPIES OF THE SHIPPING DOCUMENT, CONTACTED PAYPAL, CONTACTED UPS,  INCLUDED THE TRANSACTION DETAILS AND MORE TWICE!!! AND STILL, NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN.

Login to Me Too

Vermaric
Contributor
Contributor

Update...as usual, nothing is done about this complaint.

Login to Me Too

Vermaric
Contributor
Contributor

NOTHING!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.