Contact customer service

Sobthisisapain
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it impossible to contact customer service u can't email but u can call and no1 will answer so why is it impossible to contact customer service to complain about an item not received

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sobthisisapain

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sobthisisapain
Contributor
Contributor
I have already tried to do that in the resolution center only option I can do is report a problem of unauthorized activity there's no other option it's like there customer service number you can call but no1 will answer I'm just gonna set up a different PayPal account to get free money when I act like I'm selling stuff I believe I can make bank scamming people with PayPal's help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sobthisisapain

If the only option is an unauthorised dispute, then it sounds as if you paid using the friends / family option, yes??

If so then..............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. That is also why you would be unable to open a dispute apart from an unauthorised transaction (if your account was hacked and used without your consent).

You also risk having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal rules.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sobthisisapain
Contributor
Contributor
Hey your right I did know the person thank-you for taking your time to explain this to me I do appreciate that you did to inform me of y I can't dispute it I will when I see her trifling **bleep** beat her like a runaway slave and take my money I do c i was also at fault with this transaction
Login to Me Too

Dreamway
Contributor
Contributor

You can e-mail. When you click help, you will see "contact us". Click it and choose topic. You will bottom of the page "more way to get help" and you can select "email us".

p1.jpgp2.jpgp3.jpg

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dreamway

No point customer services can not help with friends / family payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.