Constant Chargebacks

emregundogan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone!

I been working with a guy for months and keep getting payed with small amounts like 50$ 100$ etc. They are daily payments and all seperated ones. I want to ask if he can do chargeback all of them one by one after months?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emregundogan 

Yes, the buyer can do chargebacks as long as it is within 180 days (or whatever the limit is with the buyer's bank/card) from date of payment. PayPal Disputes can be filed 180 days from date of payment.

To try to reduce this, decide on an amount and issue a PayPal invoice with "Allow partial payments" enabled to accept deposits or multiple payments on one transaction. NOTE: This is not intended to be a credit product or to allow for an excessive number of payments to be made. PayPal may contact customers if they suspect you not using this feature correctly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

emregundogan
Contributor
Contributor

He is verified paypal user also paying through paypal balance instead of credit card/bank. I guess he can not claim charback trough the bank, right? If so, will paypal be on my side? Because doing chargeback for over 20 transactions in months does not seem legit? Or what if he pays trough friends and family?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.