Conned by merchant conner

Vicepatron53
New Community Member

I ordered $225 worth of beautifully photographed merchandise for a trip.  The stuff arrived in drips and drabs over a 6 week period.  The merchandise was crap!  Cheap, no respecter of the sizes I ordered, and were from China with no US return address.  Which is required by paypal rules.

I have spent several hours on the phone and on hold trying to explained I was defrauded by the Company "Just Fashion now."

while onhold the paypal hyperbole, I had to listen to paypal tell me all the measures they employ for my safety while buying and providing services.  Baloney!  They assured me they would put a "red flag" on this Co so they could not do this again to a paypal customer!  What about me?  Get the stuff back to China through customs, postage, then if received within 4 days from today.  Maybe a refund?   I am not going PayPal get away with this.  Paypal is trying to make me think they are going to give up their percentage of this conning $'s. I don't think so.

Help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vicepatron53 

Open a SNAD dispute and escalate to PayPal, PayPal should rule in your favor and ask that you return the merchandise. Click "Offers" on the top menu of your PayPal account and scroll around for "PayPal Return Shipping on US" and click it to register your account to be reimbursed for return shipping costs (up to $30).

Be careful where you buy as anyone and their grandma can set up a Shopify store with some generic store name and sell bunk junk. These types of shops have cookie cutter characteristics to them so if you are very observant, you can tell if they're foo foo or not. Typos, bad grammar, price too good to be true, items too cool or cute and perfect to be true, etc.

If all fails and you paid with credit card (I hope you did), contact your card issuer to dispute, the seller will get dinged an extra $20 to deal with a credit card chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Vicepatron53
New Community Member

What type of account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.